Learn how to elevate your bakes with frosting roses, and perfect your piping technique with our step-by-step guide.
- Prepare a piping bag with a star-tip nozzle
- Fill it with your frosting of choice – it needs to be of a smooth consistency and at room temperature
- Practice on a clean, dry and flat surface before working on your cake
- For each rose, start in the centre of where you want it to be
- Pipe outwards, working anti-clockwise
- Apply even pressure
- Take your time
- Practice, practice, practice!
Once you’ve perfected this method, you can play around with two or three different colours of frosting.
We’d love to see your piped cakes and bakes – make sure to share your home baking photos with us and tag us at @konditorandcook on Twitter and Facebook, and @konditor_and_cook on Instagram, using the #SpreadJoyThroughCake hashtag!