As you know, we’ve been giving you little snippets of our quick fire interviews with some of the wonderful people who keep Konditor spinning. Today’s Meet & Greet is with the fantastic Joe from Bow Lane!
• What’s your role and what does this involve?
I am the General manager of Bow lane
• How long have you been with Konditor?
I’ve been with the business for 5 and ½ years now!
• If you were the mayor of London for the day what would you do?
I’d hand out free Tequila and Sambuca shots
• What’s your fondest memory of spreading joy through cake?
I think it was definitely when I helped someone create a bespoke cake to celebrate a little boy who had just finished his cancer treatment
• Best place to go for a date in London?
Vaulty towers in Waterloo – the bar is like a wonderland with lots of snug little corners.
• What’s your best tube experience?
I think it would have to be strangers singing a Christmas Carol in unison on Christmas Eve a few years ago
• What’s your favourite Konditor cake?
Carrot and pistachio – f***ing delish!
• If you could invent any flavour of cake, what would it be?
White chocolate and pistachio, so dreamy
• Have you got a London foodie secret?
There’s a stall in Borough Market that does the best scotch eggs and sweet potato fries, I wish I could remember the name!
• If you could only eat in London one more time, where would it be?
It would definitely have to be Giggs fish and chips on Goodge St
• Curly Whirly or Victoria Sponge?
Curly whirly all the way
• If you were to eat one Konditor cake for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
The Strawberry and lemon! It was out if this world and refreshing – perfect cake for summer
• What was the last gift you gave someone?
I treated my team at Christmas to their favourite things from lush as a reward for working so hard over the festive period and bringing me lots of joy!
• If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I was made for loving you – Kiss. It’s an absolute bop and always gets me on the dance floor
• What is your go to coffee order?
A hazelnut oat latte
• What is your Mantra?
I’m here for a good time, not a long time