These Monster Cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream! The following makes 8 large or 16 mini cookies!
– 125g salted butter, softened
– 150g light soft brown sugar
– 1 medium egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 225g plain flour
– 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 25g cocoa powder
– 100g white chocolate, chopped
– 40g walnuts, broken
– Using an electric mixer, briefly beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl, being careful not to over-mix. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
– Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder into a separate bowl or on to a sheet of baking parchment. Gradually work the dry ingredients into the butter mix, then add the white chocolate pieces and walnuts and combine well. Wrap the cookie dough in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
– Heat the oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4. Divide the cookie dough into 8 large or 16 mini monster cookies. Roll them into balls, then squash them flat so they are 10-15mm thick. Place them about 2cm apart on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies taste best if they are only just cooked – if the bases are a bit hard the first time round, either reduce the cooking time next time or see if you get a better result by putting them on a higher rack in the oven.
If you make these monster cookies share your creation on social media using the hashtags #joythroughcake #konditorcakes.